Are You a Business Owner? Q&A's For You...
Wholesale information, pricing, and customer support for business owners is available!
How Long Will My Lavish Tan Last?
A Lavish Tan will last anywhere from 7-10 days, on average. The amount of physical activity, after care, and proper preparation for the tan are all factors of how many days one can expect their tan to last.
Will I Look Orange From a Lavish Tan?
Never. Lavish Tan created a patent pending, brown-sugar based solution derived from apples. The brown sugar base ensures golden brown color eliminating all possibilities of an orange tone. Most all other solutions on the market contain beat or carrot fermented extracts, which is where the orange tones and unpleasant scent stem from. We guarantee the highest quality, golden-brown results.
What If I Have Very Fair Skin?
Our Lavish Tan signature solution will react naturally with each specific skin tone. Lavish Tan airbrush technicians will custom blend a formulation specific to each client's natural base color. However, if it is your first time tanning, or you have an extremely fair complexion, we suggest choosing a lighter tone to ensure satisfaction. Very fair complexed individuals may require a follow up session 12-24 hours later.
DHA & The FDA
The active ingredient in self tanning products is dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA has been used in cosmetic preparations for almost 30 years and was listed with the FDA in 1973. It is declared safe and suitable for use in cosmetics and used to color the skin. DHA is derived from glycerin (vegetable origin) which is a commonly used cosmetic and food ingredient. DHA is not absorbed into the body and poses no possibility of toxicity.
How Do I Prepare For My Lavish Tan?
- Thoroughly exfoliate and shave prior to your treatment.
- Avoid wearing make up, moisturizers, and deodorant to your appointment, as this acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the color from developing properly.
- Wear dark colored, loose fitting clothing and sandals following your treatment.
- Wax and have a manicure and pedicure done BEFORE your treatment.
How Do I Maintain My Lavish Tan?
- Do not shower or sweat for 5-7 hours following your appointment. For Express Tan by Lavish Tan allow 2-4 hours before showering.
- Moisturize using a paraben-free lotion at least twice daily for a minimum of one week. Keeping moisturized will ensure an even, flawless fade. Lavish Tan After-Care Moisturizer is recommend for best results.
- Avoid chlorinated jacuzzis, saunas, and steam rooms.
Can I Tan During Pregnancy?
Lavish Tan's signature brown sugar solution is 99% organic. We have been safely tanning women during pregnancy for over 10 years. However, we still suggest consulting with your doctor beforehand.
How Many Days Should I Tan Before My Wedding?
For all the brides to be, we suggest scheduling your appointment 2-3 days before the big day. You'll want to be sure to shower at least 3 times before the wedding date. This will ensure all the bronzer is completely rinsed out of your pores to avoid any color rubbing onto your dress. We reccomend a light, natural color for brides.